We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing, that He is preparing and fitting us for some extraordinary thing by and by, but as we grow in grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, in the present minute.
If we have God's say-so behind us, the most amazing strength comes, and we learn to sing in the ordinary days and ways.
My Utmost for His Highest, Updated Edition
by Oswald Chambers, June 4 Reading
Even when I don't want to, I buy into glossy ads that tell me my worth is based on the exceptional things I do.
What am I to do when I am quite ordinary, and I feel I don't even measure up in the "ordinary?"
My heart runs to God, the Truth teller, and the Lover of my soul. He gives me the precise message I needed today.
So I share these words with you, because maybe, you have bought into the lie? You know, the one that says you need to be/do extraordinary versus God has already made you extraordinary (Psalm 139: 13-14).
Oswald reminds me using Hebrews 13:5 that God will never leave me, or abandon me, so I can sing because God is with me, whether in my "commonplace," or as I climb my "Hill Difficulty."
No matter what we may face, He promises to be WITH us. We are never alone. Such comfort.
How have you experienced His presence with you today? in the past?
If you would like, but no pressure, please share so we can all be encouraged. Thank you!
- Counting Thanks with Ann:
- For our extraordinary God and how He promises to be WITH us always (Heb. 13:5)
- For God showing up last Friday as I taught, and for the wonderful seniors and veterans I met. Many thanks to my praying friends!
- For the faithful men and women, who put together the luncheon for the seniors and veterans.
- Being able to go for a walk and talk with my husband as we ironed out some issues
- Roses in a vase
- Access to a Bible
- Picking then eating sweet sugar snap peas from our garden
- Discovering the way to motivate our girl to help me pick peas is to see who can pick the most...she won...barely.
- For how God blessed the Hebrew midwives for their obedience to Him (Read Exodus 1:15-21 here).
- For an unexpected and encouraging e-mail today.
Linking with sweet friend Laura for a play date
and giving thanks with wise Ann
and talented L.L. Barkat
and the amazing Jen
© Soul Stops/Dolly Lee 2012. Limited License: Okay for noncommercial use if you attribute this post to me and link to my permalink and blog.