Every Friday, The Gypsy Mama's Lisa-Jo provides a word for five minutes of unedited writing that is then posted. This week's word is "JOY" and is in honor of Sara, who is dying but is fully alive in her spirit and ready to meet Jesus. Please remember her and her family/friends in your prayers.
The first time I read one of Sara's posts, she inspired me to write a post about her here (where I link to her post and her final words).
When I think of JOY, it makes me think of:
- Our daughter blowing bubbles for our dog and how much joy he has chasing them, and her watching him.
- That deep wellspring of joy that bubbles up in me when I connect deeply with my husband, or God.
- When our daughter gives me a goofy smile as she laughs at one of her jokes.
- How I find joy in some of the most surprising places sometimes, such as in a suffering saint who radiates a joy that can only come from a deep love relationship with God.
- Jesus, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, despising its shame (Heb. 12:2)... I wish I could see JOY the way He did...it must have been a powerful vision of JOY.
- How joy is a fruit of the Spirit - Gal. 5:22 - a gift of abiding in Him... it can't be grasped.
To clarify, I think that one can choose to be joyful by choosing gratitude despite difficult circumstances. I was thinking about how joy in my life is often a byproduct of my relationship with God, versus a goal to be obtained.
Please link up and join the fun at The Gypsy Mama.
© Soul Stops/Dolly L. 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Hi! Sign up to receive this blog's posts about finding the God-beauty and joy in the daily mess of life sent to you.
Subscribe to Soul Stops Free to your inbox. Words to refresh your soul.